Saturday, April 7, 2012

First Friday

Friday I was feeling MUCH better (thank goodness), and after work Nick & I decided to have a little date night. First Fridays is a free event that occurs on the first Friday of every month (duh) year round, where art galleries, retailers, and other venues located in the Crossroads Art District in KC, showcase from 7-9pm. There is all sorts of indoor and outdoor entertainment, food & drinks, so we decided to check it out. I have gone once before a couple years ago, but Nick had never gone, so I'm glad we stepped out and did something we don't usually do.


I wish I remembered what this piece was called, because I love it.


That's the back of a good looking man, checking out some art. ;)


Walking downtown...


A street-side hot dog stop.

Then we walked to Snow & Co. and had some artful frozen cocktails! I love this place. It's a little on the pricier side, (it was $10 a drink!) but they are so delicious and we only had 1 each and were feeling a bit tipsy! Nick got the Rockefeller & I got the Sunshine Boulevard. I wish I would have taken a picture there, it was a cute little atmosphere.

Afterwards we met up with my friends, Melanie & Eric, for a couple drinks at my local spot I always go to, The Well. The boys were not very entertaining this night. They were tired and grumpy, so Melanie and I had to have fun on our own.
Actually, in this picture, for some reason, Eric seems to be having a blast... Nick, not so much.



No comments: