Thursday, April 26, 2012

Aye yai yai!

On Tuesday, my mom wanted to meet up for Nick's birthday to have dinner and give him his present. We drove out to Raymore, and ate at this little hole-in-the-wall mexican restaurant by her house. Since there was a present on the table, our server curiously asked if it was someone's birthday. My mom and I quickly pointed to Nick and giggled as he shook his head in embarrassment. A couple minutes later, a few servers came to our table with a sombrero and a shot of tequila! After they sang to him in Spanish (I still have no idea what they sang), he took the shot, and BAM! She shoved whipped cream in his FACE! He did not see it coming! Actually... none of us did. We were all laughing so hard. It was hilarious. He laughed, but I'm not quite convinced he thought it was as funny.

Last night we decided to try out 75th Street Brewery in Waldo. I can't believe this was our first time going. I played it safe with the chicken fingers & Nick had the crabcake sandwich. We also decided to try their beer flights! They were $1.50 each and you got 8 decent sized samples of all their beer on tap. It was great because we got to try them all and decide which we liked. We enjoyed their raspberry wheat and brown ale the best. I definitely think we will be back!

No comments: