things that make me happy:
1. Coffee. I have been drinking coffee like crazy. I've always liked it, but lately I have to have it every morning. In my office Dunkin' Donuts is a hit... I'm not quite convinced, I think I'm a Starbucks girl.
2. Shopping. Last Saturday Nick and I went on an all day shopping spree. (He lasted longer than I did! I was exhausted.) I haven't been shopping in so long it's depressing. Last year when I worked at Urban Outfitters I shopped all the time. Every once in a while it's nice to get yourself something without feeling guilty... A little retail therapy! This weekends spree was much needed
3. Dark hair. I've been trying to grow my hair out, and last week I decided to dye it dark brown. Actually, it's almost black... and I love it.
4. Spring weather. I know I've already mentioned it, but I love Spring! It's so refreshing, it's almost like a new beginning. Everyone's excited to go outside again, patio's with adult beverages, shorts, tank tops, & dresses... oh my!
things that make me sad:
1. Lack of sleep. I don't know what my problem is... Usually with this Spring weather comes rain & thunderstorms, which is the recipe for a perfect night's sleep. I toss and turn all night, and apparently I have too much running around in that brain of mine.
2. Lack of exercise. I've been so incredibly lazy and it's disappointing. It's almost bikini season, I need to GET WITH IT.
3. Stress. For some reason the littlest things have been getting me down. Again, I have no idea. I need to step back and re-evaluate the important things and make sure I'm staying positive. (Unfortunately I've noticed that tends to be a recurring issue with me.)
things i want to improve on:
1. Clean more. Spring cleaning time! I would like to kick it in to gear and clean & organize more.
2. Be a better friend/girlfriend. I've said this in a previous post, but sometimes you just need girl time. I think I need to do a better job of being there for my friends. I don't want to take them for granted, and sometimes I just need them. Same with Nick. I need to learn to be a better girlfriend to him by eliminating negativity and focusing on making US better. Relationships and friendships can always be worked and improved on.
3. Spend more time with Lily. On Sunday my roommates got a little, black lab puppy named Avery. Of course she is absolutely adorable, but I can't help but to feel a little bad for my Lou dog, who has been the star of the show for the last 2 years. I've noticed she's been getting more "NO's" and less attention, so I have been trying to make an effort to take her out, and play with her more. I think she loves the company of a new friend, but homegirl needs some lovin' too.
4. Save money. Story of my life. I can't help it that I LOVE to eat out and try new things, and I LOVE to have a few adult beverages on the weekend. BUT I should probably slow my roll. Cooking for 1... well, cooking in general, is just something I can't really do... so I eat out. Unfortunately my mid-section & bank account are paying the price, which brings me to...
5. Exercising more. Again, I've mentioned this SO many times, and I still do nothing about it. I really need to get around to doing this so I can feel better mentally & physically.
No comments:
Post a Comment