Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Mothers Day letter...



Dear Nick, I am so proud of you, mountain man. I had such a good time with you on the float, and WE SURVIVED! Dear Mama-Monica, Happy Mother's day to the coolest mom around. You have always been there for me, no matter what, and I don't know what I would do with out you! Thank you for every single thing you do, I love you! Dear laundry, you are never ending and building up all around me. Get out of my face, dude. Dear NK, we're heading to The K on Friday, and I am pretty pumped. Thanks for the invite. Can't wait.



Well, we made it back from the float alive. I am so bummed, I didn't even take ONE picture! :( What was I thinking? The trip was a blast, as usual, and just as I suspected, many memories were made. I am so glad Nick came with me. I wasn't sure if he was going to at first, (he had other things going on) but he decided to go and it honestly makes me so happy he did. I'm glad he was able to get to know my friends a little better, and I'm so glad they like him, and everyone hit it off. I can't wait for the next trip!

On Mother's day we spent the morning driving back from the River. We were feeling pretty rough, but I stopped by my mom's to pick up Lily and say Hi and she wasn't even there! Turns out she had a lot of errands to run, and she didn't think she would have time to do anything for Mother's day on Sunday! :( I was a little disappointed, but she promised we would go to dinner some time this week.

Nick has been working like crazy lately, and apparently his boss noticed all the hard work he's been putting in. She gave him two ticket's to the Royals game on Friday, and apparently they are kick a$$ seats! SO I'm pretty excited about that. I feel so honored he invited me! ;) Date night, here we gooo..

On Saturday I'm participating in Crawl for Cancer with a couple of my girlfriends. It's a pub crawl fundraiser that support lifesaving research and those affected by cancer. This will be my first time, so I'm excited to see what it's all about.

Hope you have a great week! ....and that I get better at this whole blogging thing!


*photo of my mom, back in the day. This is my most favorite picture ever. I'm not sure why, but I love it.


No comments: