What a year this has been. Since I last wrote, I celebrated my birthday with some unfortunate news. Two days before my actual birthday I found out that I was laid off (again!!) from the new job I started only a few weeks ago. The company decided to close down the Kansas City office, and pretty much let everyone go unexpectedly, so... Feb. 1st I will be unemployed again. It's amazing how things happen really. I was just feeling comfortable and thinking what a good thing this was and then bam! Gone! Needless to say, I was ready to have some drinks on my birthday. Friday night Nick took me Garozzo's & Manifesto, and we had a really great time. I just absolutely love both places so I was one happy squirrel.
He also gave me a few really awesome gifts...

I got an Anthropologie Curious Bartender book, which is so pretty. I'm obsessed with the pages. He also got me legit Moscow Mule copper mugs, which is my favvvvorite drink right now. He also got me a Liverpool t-shirt because, well, of course I have to support my reds! ;)
On Saturday, my actual birthday, we finally got the lovely chairs we have been waiting for!

Nick ordered these suckers a couple months ago, and we have been impatiently waiting and they finally arrived. They look so perfect in the living room. We also got our fireplace working, and some gas log's for Christmas. Lot's of fire's over here lately, which I love. And I don't think I'm the only one enjoying them...
Saturday night I went to dinner with my mom & Shannon at Port Fonda, where she also got me a few goodies! She surprised me with tickets to The Nutcracker at the new Kauffman Performing Arts Center. (I will post more picture of that later, because it deserves a separate post.) They are pretty good to me, and I'm glad they could join me on my bday for a little bit. After that we went to the Quaff downtown where I had a few drinks (& shots! whoops!) with my great friends. I was surprised with how many people showed up. Usually on my birthday there is a ridiculous snow storm, or people have holiday parties and can't make it, so I was really happy so many people had the chance to make it out. It really meant a lot... especially this year, and all the bullsh*t that has been going on lately. It's nice to know I have supportive friends.

Christmas was perfect. Our parent's spoiled us, and we spoiled each other. Boots, and clothes, and sound systems, and a perfect necklace I will always love and cherish. Lots of nice things, and lots of good times spent with the people that are important to us.
I decided to bust out my Griswold Family Christmas Shirt for my family on Christmas day...
Ya know, nice and classy...
Well, tomorrow is the last day of 2013 and I could not be more happy to say PEACE OUT. I have no idea what is in store, or what I am going to do job-wise, but I can only hope it gets better from here. This year has been trying and hard and many things in between, but I'm ready for something new and better and hoping this next year, good ol' 2014, will kick ass. 14 is my lucky number, soo... don't disappoint, k?
1 comment:
Looks nice! Great blog!
Post a Comment